What is FREE4ME?
Maine’s Credit Unions have a special program just for 18 to 25 year olds! Young & Free Maine is your resource for tips on everything finances, credit unions and having fun in Maine! Our Young & Free Maine Spokester shares entertaining, educational content, with tips and tools to help members of the Generation Y manage their day-to-day lives and finances.
“I also write and make videos about fun stuff and pop culture. I live in Portland and I am the Young & Free Maine Spokester representing Maine’s Credit Unions. If you are an 18- to 25-year-old Mainah, I am your voice.”
Young & Free Maine – A Voice For Maine’s 18-to-25 Crowd
The best online location to find tips, tricks and fun things to do is YoungFreeMaine.com, a mobile website that supports your style of living. Lauren Reeves, our Young & Free Spokester, is your advocate for your generation. Through social media, Lauren is there to connect with 18- to 25-year olds around Maine on what is important to you and your friends.
The Young & Free Initiative is a platform designed to help define freedom for Maine youth and provides fun and educational resources to help and challenge young people to move towards that freedom. Young & Free Maine comes to life in an online environment where meaning happens amongst thought-provoking, relevant and empowering dialogue.
Our Young & Free Maine Spokester is all over popular social media sites, plus you can receive E-Updates. Interested in keeping up to date with all things Young & Free Maine?
Type of Account
Brewer FCU has something for it’s future leaders. The free4ME Account is the ultimate account for 18- to 25-year-olds. Instead of strict rules and transaction requirements, we offer perks that give you a head start.
- Oops! Refund : Twice per year, you can call and get a service fee reversed.*
- Free debit card : Easy access to your money
- Free SURF ATM network use : Use any SURF ATM network cash machines for free
- Free online banking : Pay bills and transfer money in your pjs—no standing in line!
- Free eStatement
• No minimum balance required • No monthly fee • No per transaction fee •
With all the features you need in a checking account and some great extra perks, living Young & Free in Maine has never been easier.
BUT THAT’S NOT ALL!
Enroll in a Free4ME Checking Account at Brewer FCU and be automatically eligible for our Perfect 10 Cash Back Rewards Checking Account!
Type of Account
A zero-service charge account with the ability to earn Cash Back Rewards for debit card transactions.
Earn and Redeem
A $0.10 Cash Back Reward will be paid on each debit card transaction in the amount of $10.00 or more that posts to the account during the Qualification Cycle* if Qualification Requirements are satisfied.
Easy as 1, 2, 3
In order to qualify for the Cash Back Rewards, the following criteria must be met:
- A minimum of 10 debit card transactions must post to the account during the Qualification Cycle.*
- Enrollment and receipt of electronic monthly statements (e-Statements).
- A minimum of one direct deposit transaction must post to the account during the Qualification Cycle.*
Why Choose e-Statements over Paper?
- Receive your statement faster. No waiting for mailed statements.
- View statements online at any time.
- Avoid the inconvenience of filing paper statements. Build a statement archive up to 24 months automatically.
- Download, save or print statements when it’s convenient.
- Increase protection against identity theft. e-Statements are password protected.
- Eliminate paper.
- Conserve natural resources.
- Help save the environment!
- It’s Free!: No charge for this valuable service.
Sign up for e-Statements online here.
Why have Direct Deposit?
- You can make a loan payment, deposit, or withdrawal to your Brewer FCU account from another financial institution.
- You can make payments directly from your shares account and/or your draft accounts.
Contact a Member Service Representative for additional information.
Phone: (207) 989-7240
- View our Cash Back Rewards Truth-in-Savings Disclosure here.
Membership eligibility requirements apply. Minimum $5.00 share balance required to open
and maintain membership, but no minimum balance to earn Rewards.
There are no monthly service fees and terms and conditions are subject to change as indicated in this disclosure and the Membership Agreement and Disclosure.